Shhhh! Here Are Secret Tips To Glowing Skin
Ever wonder how J.Lo gets that flawless glowing look every time she steps out. And what about Miranda Kerr, Kim Kardashian, or Olivia Wilde. Whether you are short or tall, young or old, having flawless glowing skin can instantly boost your self-confidence and how people perceive you.
Here are 11 easy to use tips to get perfect glowing skin:
- Skip long, steamy showers: High temperatures can strip your skin of moisture and essential oils that protect your skin. Opt for short, cool showers instead.
- Extend your skincare protocol: Make sure to cover your neck and chest as part of your skincare protocol to create an even look.
- Consume soy milk: Soy consumption can improve skin health by providing high-quality protein which can help build and maintain collagen.
- Moisturize regularly: Apply moisturizer regularly, especially within 5 minutes of stepping out of the shower to lock in moisture. Select a moisturizer having skin-repairing humectants such as glycerin, propylene glycol, and urea.
- Use olive oil to moisturize: Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat, and hydrates skin. Use it on problem areas in case of dry skin.
- Use a humidifier at night in the winter: This ensures that you avoid developing itchy, dry skin, at the same preventing your airways from drying up.
- Use a soap with added fat: Deodorant soaps can cause dry skin, while on the other hand, soaps with added fat, can create an oily, protective layer on your skin.
- Keep it simple: If you have sensitive skin, or even otherwise, use a few key products that agree with your skin, and try avoiding introducing products with fragrances, colors and added chemicals.
- Use thin-fabric socks and gloves overnight: Apply moisturizer on your hands and feet and sleep with thin-fabric socks and gloves covering them for soft, young-looking hands and feet.
- Use a loofah: Daily use of a loofah prevents ingrown hair and scaly skins. Gently scrub your skin in a circular motion, when in the shower, to get rid of dead cells, for younger-looking skin.
- Consume a high-potency multivitamin daily: With the skin being the largest organ in the body, and an essential component in the immune system, proper nutrition is key to healthy skin. Make sure to take a high-potency multivitamin every day, to get that glowing look.
Do remember to use the tips that work for your skin type and consult your dermatologist to get a customized regimen for your skin needs.